Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What's all that writing you're doing?

Something I didn't realize for a long time, until once I requested to have my medical records: your doctors are totally judging you. I was at the doctor today, remembering when I found this out. My doctor at the time (chosen not randomly from a list of providers, but because she had a lovely Irish name) had a this to say about me:

Generally well appearing. Neck supple... heart regular... lungs [have] good and equal air expansion. Her affect is pleasant and appropriate. She is well dressed and on time, does not appear cachectic.


Well, thank you. To be fair, I was on my way to a dinner date, so I'm can't totally claim that 'well dressed' is the general state of affairs, but I'm pretty sure I'll just copy and paste this text directly when I create a personal ad. A pleasant and appropriate affect can be hard to come by. Add in punctuality?!

Do you check what you're wearing when you go to the doctor? You might want to--it could become part of your record.
I had second thoughts about my shoe choice today... "Will I still be deemed 'well-dressed' if I wear these comfortable shoes with this outfit?"

No comments:

Post a Comment