Monday, November 16, 2009

My violet blooms!

Sometime last week I noticed that something strange and wonderful was happening in my bathroom (if you need to remove your head from the gutter before continuing, please do so now). In 2002 I moved to Albany, NY, and my dad bought me this plant, which was in bloom at the time but has not flowered since. My grandmother kept violets--a lot of them if I remember it correctly--and I'm told I look like her, but I did not inherit her green thumb. The fact that the plant is still alive is pretty amazing actually.

A few months ago, I moved to my own little place in Denver, and my violet seems to have finally found a happy place here. Seriously, look at it. I feel like it just got contact lenses and those curly bangs finally grew out.

Part of me would like to take this as an omen of good things. Another part of me thinks that's dumb, but I guess we'll wait and see. That's pretty much been my system with the plant, and now that it's in the right spot, that seems to be working. Admittedly it varies, but I am not without patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment