Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Nobody likes you being a snob.

Lori Lupe Pelish,
Human Anenome: Want and Desire

Now, I'm not here to comment on the art v. craft issue, but I was talking to Spring earlier, who said she's had some lack of motivation about her painting lately and was thinking about doing some quilting. It reminded me of these quilts I saw long ago in Schenetady, NY, of all places, that nearly made my head explode. Lori Lupe Pelish had an exhibition there of her exquisite art quilts--the ones I saw were mostly figurative and all amazing--the use of pattern and color, the way they resolved
at a distance like many a good painting... I only wish she had more detail shots of these things on her website so you could see what I mean. I see a lot of art that I like but not a lot that compels me to consult the exhibition checklist for prices. It wasn't out of curiosity, either. I want one. If you have a chance to see them in person, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment