Monday, November 16, 2009

Quang Ho is not just an excellent painter.

Quang Ho,
Flowering Quince

Through November 30, you can stop by Gallery 1261 and see an amazing show of solo work by Quang Ho. Quang, if you're unaware, is a freaking fantastic painter.
I picked this painting of a quince tree as my favorite from the show (it might just be my favorite one of fruit, but I'm a sucker for greens on greens and I love the plastic bucket). Is it a reference to Antonio Lopez Garcia? Who cares... it's awesome. I wanted to touch my face to this painting (I did not).

Something that many members of the public may be unaware of: Quang Ho is also a good guy. I've seen people who are bad, greedy and unfeeling become successful. You can papier-mâché stinky garbage with money if you want, but it will still stink. Quang is a sweet person who loves what he does, and he's successful but also humble. Additionally, he gives good hugs. So two things: 1) Go see these paintings and 2) Good guys do still win (your results may vary).

No comments:

Post a Comment