Saturday, December 12, 2009

If you have a mismatched chair or four...

Jordan Wolfson
Interior with Three Chairs and Stool

Van Straaten Gallery in Denver's Santa Fe Arts District is now hosting a group of paintings by Jordan Wolfson through January 16. You have to see these in person to fully appreciate them (like so many things). I especially recommend you spend some time looking at his two triptychs up close, then get as far away as you can and check that out. Actually, all of the work is fun to do this with, so you might want to schedule some time (luckily, there's no sculpture in there to bump into, right painting snobs?). I talked to Jordan and he wanted me to be sure to tell everyone that he's willing to do commission work in your interior as well. I assume he'd be willing to bring his own director's chair if you don't have one, but otherwise I think you'll want to provide your own assortment. At least I would.

Jordan also teaches some very popular classes at
the Art Students League of Denver, just in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment