Monday, December 21, 2009

Gift wrapping is not a contest (yet).

Ah, Christmas. I don't always have such a good excuse to wrap pretty packages--a birthday here and there, of course, but at Christmas I really end up working in series on gift wrapping ideas.

The other day I was remembering a present I wrapped once for a friend--it was a tiny thing I covered
with a scrap of pretty paper I'd saved from a bar of Chinese soap (which also smelled pretty!) and tied up with a tangled bow of the finest gauge of brass wire--all tiny and sweet with a wee little tag springing off the top. She loved how it was wrapped so much that she hung it on her studio wall. I don't know if she ever actually opened the gift--in fact, I don't even remember what was inside the package.

Here's a detail of this little cute one I wrapped up for friend--I think it's my favorite one so far this year. She's one of my fav friends, too, so it's fitting.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. You put my wrapped gifts shoved in priority boxes to shame. Jeez Laura! BTW I love your blog.

    -MA

    ReplyDelete